Academic Areas: Pharmaceutical Analysis
Research Interests: Sample preparation for complex samples; in-vitro analysis of drug substance; quality control of drugs
Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, 2007, Wuhan University, China;
B.S. in Applied Chemistry, 1999, Wuhan University, China.
Associate Professor (2012-present); School of Pharmacy, HUST
Lecture (2009-2012); School of Pharmacy, HUST
Postdoctor (2007-2009); School of Pharmacy, HUST
Visiting Scholar (2011-2012); University of Waterloo, Canada
- D Li, J Zou, PS Cai, CM Xiong*, JL Ruan. Preparation of magnetic ODS-PAN thin-films for microextraction of quetiapine and clozapine in plasma and urine samples followed by HPLC-UV detection. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 2016, 125: 319-328.
- PS Cai, D Li, J Chen, CM Xiong*, JL Ruan. Comparison of two thin-film microextractions for the analysis of estrogens in aqueous tea extract and environmental water samples by high performance liquid chromatography-ultraviolet detection. Food Chemistry, 2015, 173: 1158-1166.
- TH Yang, PS Cai, D Li, J Chen, CM Xiong*, JL Ruan, LY Wang. γ-MPS-modified silica conical microcolumn separation/preconcentration of trace antipsychotic drugs in rat plasma and environmental water samples prior to their determination by LC. Chromatographia, 2014, 77:1623-1632.
- PS Cai, Y Zhao, TH Yang, J Chen, CM Xiong*, JL Ruan. Preparation of magnetic molecularly imprinted polymers for selective isolation and determination of kaempferol and protoapigenone in Macrothelypteris torresiana. Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology-Medical Sciences, 2014, 34(6):845-855.
- PP Xue, Y Zhao, Y Liu, QY Yuan, CM Xiong, JL Ruan*. A novel compound RY10-4 induces apoptosis and inhibits invasion via Cross inhibiting STAT3 through ERK-, p38-dependent pathways in human lung adenocarcinoma A549 cells. Chemico- Biological Interactions, 2014, 209:25-34.
- PP Xue, XF Yang, Y Liu, CM Xiong, JL Ruan*. A novel compound RY10-4 downregulates P-glycoprotein expression and reverses multidrugresistant phenotype in human breast cancer MCF-7/ADR cells. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, 2014, 68:1049-1056.
- J Chen, HM Li, XN Zhang, CM Xiong, JL Ruan*. Dioscin-induced apoptosis of human LNCaP prostate carcinoma cells through activation of caspase-3 and modulation of Bcl-2 protein family. Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology-Medical Sciences, 2014, 34: 125-130.
- X Yang, LL Yuan, JL Chen, CM Xiong, JL Ruan*. Multitargeted protective effect of Abacopteris penangiana against carrageenan-induced chronic prostatitis in rats. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2014, 151: 343-351.
- X Yang, LL Yuan, CM Xiong, JL Ruan*. Abacopteris penangiana exerts testosterone-induced benign prostatic hyperplasia protective effect through regulating inflammatory responses, reducing oxidative stress and anti-proliferative. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2014, 157: 105-113.
- HM Li, J Chen, CM Xiong, H Wei, CC Yin, JL Ruan*. Apoptosis induction by the total flavonoids from arachniodes exilis in HepG2 cells through reactive oxygen species-mediated mitochondrial dysfunction involving MAPK activation. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2014, open access.
- H Wei, GH Wu, JL Chen, XN Zhang, CM Xiong, YF Lei, W Chen, JL Ruan*. (2S)-5, 2', 5'-Trihydroxy-7-Methoxyflavanone, a natural product from abacopteris penangiana, presents neuroprotective effects in vitro and in vivo. Neurochemical Research, 2013, 38(8), 1686-1694.
- AX Yang, XX Wang, CM Xiong, J Chen, JL Ruan*. Quality control of tuirejieduling granules using high-performance liquid chromatography fingerprint method and simultaneous determination of four main active ingredients. Pharmacognosy Magazine, 2013, 9(34): 162-166.
- J Chen, CM Xiong, SS Song, P Han, JL Ruan*. Fraction of macroporous resin from smilax china L. inhibits testosterone propionate-induced prostatic hyperplasia in castrated rats. Journal of Medicinal Food, 2012, 15(7): 646-650.
- QY Yuan, SX Cai, XN Zhang, ZW Liu, ZM Li, XL Luo, CM Xiong, JP Wang, JB Hu, JL Ruan*. A new protoapigenone analog RY10-4 induces apoptosis and suppresses invasion through the PI3K/Akt pathway in human breast cancer. Cancer Letters (New York, NY, United States), 2012, 324(2): 210-220.
- AW Wei, DN Zhou, JL Ruan*, YL Cai, CM Xiong, GH Wu. Anti-tumor and anti-angiogenic effects of Macrothelypteris viridifrons and its constituents by HPLC-DAD/MS analysis. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2012, 139(2): 373-380.
- AH Wei, DN Zhou, Jinlan Ruan*, YL Cai, CM Xiong, MX Li. Characterisation of phenols and antioxidant and hypolipidaemic activities of Lethariella cladonioides. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2012, 92 (2): 373-379.
- HB Liu, CY Jiang, CM Xiong, JL Ruan*. DEDC, a new flavonoid induces apoptosis via a ROS-dependent mechanism in human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells. Toxicology In Vitro, 2012, 26(1): 16-23.
- GH Wu, YL Cai, H Wei, AH Wei, CM Xiong, W Fu, JL Ruan*. Nephroprotective activity of Macrothelypteris oligophlebia rhizomes ethanol extract. Pharmaceutical biology, 2012, 50(6): 773-777.
- JL Chen, YF Lei, GH Wu, YH Zhang, W Fu, CM Xiong, JL Ruan*. Renoprotective potential of Macrothelypteris torresiana via ameliorating oxidative stress and proinflammatory cytokines. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2012, 139(1): 207-213.
- ZW Liu, QY Yuan, XN Zhang, CM Xiong, PP Xue, JL Ruan*. RY10-4, a novel anti-tumor compound, exhibited its anti-angiogenesis activity by down-regulation of the HIF-1α and inhibition phosphorylation of AKT and mTOR. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, 2012, 69(6): 1633-1640.
- J Chen, CM Xiong*, JL Ruan, Z Su. Dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction combined with high-performance liquid chromatography for the determination of clozapine and chlorpromazine in urine. Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology-Medical Sciences, 2011, 31(2):277-284.
- HB Liu, YL Xiao, CM Xiong, AH Wei, JL Ruan*. Apoptosis induced by a new flavonoid in human hepatoma HepG2 cells involves reactive oxygen species-mediated mitochondrial dysfunction and MAPK activation. European Journal of Pharmacology, 2011, 654(3): 209-216.
- YF Lei, W Fu, JL Chen, CM Xiong, GH Wu, H Wei, JLRuan*. Neuroprotective effects of Abacopterin E from Abacopteris penangiana against oxidative stress-induced neurotoxicity.Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2011, 134(2): 275-280.
- YF Lei, JL Chen, YL Cai, CM Xiong, JL Ruan*. Hypolipidemic potential of Lepidogrammitis drymoglossoides in high-fat diet fed mice. International Journal of Cardiology, 2011, 147(2): 323-325.
- JL Chen, YF Lei, YJ Liu, CM Xiong, W Fu, JL Ruan*, Extract of Cyclosorus acuminatusattenuates diabetic nephropathy in miceviamodifying peroxisome proliferators activated receptor signalling pathway. Food Chemistry, 2011, 128(3): 659-666.
- AH Wei，DN Zhou，JL Ruan*，YL Cai，CM Xiong. Study on the contents of aristololactams in Piper wallichii and their renal cytotoxicities. Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, 2011, 19 (3): 349-354.
- AH Wei，DN Zhou，CM Xiong，YL Cai，JL Ruan*. A novel non-aromatic B-ring flavonoid: Isolation, structure elucidation and its induction of apoptosis in human colon HT-29 tumor cell via the reactive oxygen species-mitochondrial dysfunction and MAPK activation. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2011, 49 (9): 2445-2452.
- QY Yuan, ZW Liu, CM Xiong, Liqian Wu, JP Wang, JL Ruan*. A novel, broad-spectrum antitumor compound containing the 1-hydroxycyclohexa-2,5-dien-4-one group: the disclosure of a new antitumor pharmacophore in protoapigenone 1. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters 2011, 21 (11): 3427-3430.
- Y Tang, CM Xiong, DN Zhou, AH Wei, W Fu, YL Cai, JL Ruan*. A new flavonoid from Macrothelypteris torresiana. Chemistry of Natural Compounds, 2010, 46(2): 209-211.
- XH Huang, PC Xiong, CM Xiong, YL Cai, AH Wei, JP Wang, XF Liang, JL Ruan*. In vitro and in vivo antitumor activity of Macrothelypteris torresiana and its acute/subacute oral toxicity. Phytomedicine, 2010, 17(12): 930-934.
- W Fu, YF Lei, JL Chen, CM Xiong, DN Zhou, GH Wu, J Chen, YL Cai, JL Ruan*. Parathelypteriside attenuates cognition deficits in D-galactose treated miceby increasing antioxidant capacity and improving long-term potentiation. Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, 2010, 94(3): 414-421.
- CM Xiong, YC Qin, B Hu*. On-line separation/preconcentration of V(IV)/V(V) in environmental water samples with CTAB-modified alkyl silica microcolumn and their determination by inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectrometry. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2010, 178(1-3): 164-170.
- CM Xiong, B Hu*. Headspace trapping of the hydrides on a Pd (II)-coated graphite adsorptive bar as a microextraction method for ETV-ICP-MS determination of Se, Te and Bi in seawater and human hair samples. Talanta, 2010, 81(1-2): 578-585.
- DN Zhou, JL Ruan*, YL Cai, CM Xiong, W Fu, AH Wei. Antioxidant and hepatoprotective activity of ethanol extract Arachniodes exilis (Hance) Ching. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2010, 129(2): 232-237.
- CM Xiong, JL Ruan*, YL Cai, Y Tang. Extraction and determination of some psychotropic drugs in urine samples using dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction followed by high-performance liquid chromatography. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 2009, 49(2): 572-578.
- CM Xiong, JL Ruan*, Y Tang, YL Cai, W Fang, Y Zhu, DN Zhou. Chromatographic fingerprint analysis of Macrothelypteris torresiana and simultaneous determination of several main constituents by LC. Chromatographia, 2009, 70: 117-124.
- CM Xiong, M He, B Hu*. Microcolumn separation/preconcentration combined with fluorinating electrothermal vaporization inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry for determination of trace refractory elements in seawater, soil and sediment. Geostandards and Geoanalytical Research, 2009, 33(3): 385-396.
- CM Xiong, M He, B Hu*. On-line separation and preconcentration of inorganic arsenic and selenium species in natural water samples with CTAB-modified alkyl silica microcolumn and determination by inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectrometry. Talanta, 2008, 76(4): 772-779.
- CM Xiong, B Hu*, ZC Jiang. Synergic solvent extraction of rare earth elements using mixed ligand complexes of hexafluoroacetylacetone and tri-n-butylphosphate and their determination in environmental waters by low temperature ETV-ICP-MS. Atomic Spectroscopy, 2008, 29(1): 6-15.
- CM Xiong, B Hu*. Online YPA4 resin microcolumn separation/ preconcentration coupled with inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES) for the speciation analysis of mercury in seafood. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2007, 55(25): 10129-10134.
- CM Xiong, ZC Jiang, B Hu*. Speciation of dissolved Fe(II) and Fe(III) in environmental water samples by micro-column packed withN-benzoyl-N-phenylhydroxylamine loaded on microcrystalline naphthalene and determination by electrothermal vaporization inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectrometry. Analytica Chimica Acta, 2006, 559(1): 113-119.
- YW Wu, ZC Jiang, B Hu*, CM Xiong, YJ Li. In-situ separation and determination of palladium from platinum based on different vaporization temperatures by electrothermal vaporization inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry with YPA4 resin acting both as adsorption material and chemical modifier. Microchimica Acta, 2004, 148(3-4): 279-284.
514.506: Modern Technologies in Pharmaceutical Analysis
514.500: Separation Science
514.513: Quality Control of Drug Products
700636: Analytical Chemistry
1002341: Pharmaceutical Analysis
1003601: New Drug Research and Development
Login and edit information
1. Study on separating and screening antitumor active ingredients in the plants of Macrothelypteris by using magnetic high-density surface molecular imprinted microspheres (the Science Fund of NSFC for Young 21105032, 2012-2014)
2. Study on separation of antitumor active ingredients in the plants of Macrothelypteris based on magnetic surface molecular imprinted technique (the Doctoral Program Fund of Ministry of Education for New Teacher 20110142120031, 2012-2014)
3. Specific analysis of endocrine disrupting chemicals in environmental, food and biological samples by using magnetic surface molecular imprinted microspheres (the Special Fund of Central Universities Fundamental Research Funds 2013QN004, 2013-2014)
4. Analysis of EDCs in complex samples based on restricted-access magnetic materials (the Special Fund of Central Universities Fundamental Research Funds 2015QN159, 2015-2016)